2009_0905Scout_badges0003-1b

4th Salisbury (Harnham) Scouts

NEWbeavers NEWcubs NEW scouts NEW explorers Facebook square blue large new scouts logo

Fancy some chips?

Some of our committee meetings are at a local pub!

 

 

WANTED – Group Committee Members

 

Doesn’t the words Committee and Members sound daunting though?

 

So roughly, what does the Committee do?

 

Well, we turn up once every couple of months at a local pub or at the scout hall, grab a snack, get ourselves a pint or a coffee and have a chat and catch-up at the start. We then get on with the meeting - see details below.  Then afterwards its time to drift away until the next time. It doesn't take too long either - about an hour or so.

 

Below is the  4th Salisbury (Harnham) Scout Group Committee Meeting Minutes 9th may, 2017

*******************************************************************************

 

Outstanding Items from the last minutes

•GD is still waiting to see the District Development Plan before he can start work on the Group Development Plan.

•GD is preparing a Task Board to advertise requests for help from parents etc.

•Scout Assn e-learning - Members can log on through the Scout website via compass but will require their membership number.

 

Accounts

•The End of Year Accounts have been passed to the Auditor, Mr Richard Hocking for review.  

•CT continues to trawl through subscriptions and identifying new parents who have not completed a Gift Aid Form, this is process if proving to be successful.

•The Explorers have received their grant of £100 from the Group.

•The insurance is up for renewal and was agreed at the Meeting.

•Subscriptions for this term are now due.

Maintenance

•Drain Experts completed their survey and repaired the drains.

•The disabled toilet is now repaired.

•The ‘Boards’ in the Hall were removed and RG suggested that a date be agreed to tidy up the back room and check tents and equipment for ‘wear and tear’ – TBC.

•Hall Hirers are also reminded that the roof space should not be used as a storage facility and unauthorised personnel do not have access to this area, they are not insured under any circumstances.  CT will produce a sign for access to the roof for authorised personnel only.

•GD to give CT an ‘escape plan’ to display in the Hall.

•Fire alarm and PAT testing are now complete and the certificates should be displayed in the folder in the Hall.

•The request for a hoover by the cleaner was agreed and will be purchased along with other cleaning materials for the Hall.

 

Media/Advertising

•LB has produced a letter for parents requesting much need assistance to help the Group.

Future Dates/AGM

•The AGM will be held on Saturday 10 June from 4:30 – 6:30 pm.

•RG will organise a Beetle Drive on the evening.  It was agreed there would be hot dogs/refreshments on the evening.

 

Any Other Business

•No other business

•Church is holding a car boot sale on 1st July, POC Linda Baker.  £5 per car or £5 per table

 

Future Dates

•9 Jun – Car Treasurer Hunt, Explorers

•10 Jun - AGM

•17 Jun – Church Fete

•28 Jun - Cubs Athletics

•30 Jun – Evolution, Explorers

•7-9 Jul – Gilwell, Explorers

•22 Jul – Activity Day (GD)

•14 Oct – Cubs Challenge Flag

•11 Dec – Carol Service

 

Next Meeting

•The next Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday 11th Jul 17  at the Old Mill Pub

at 8:30 pm.

 

 

 

 

*******************************************************************************

 

 

There, not too bad.

 

The thing is, the Group cannot run without a Committee. We exist to support the Group Scout Leader in meeting the responsibilities of their appointment, to safeguard the Charity’s finances and to bring our personal skills and judgement to provide sufficient resources for Scouting to operate, particularly by supporting fundraising activities, recruiting and promoting local Scouting.

 

We are especially in need of Parents that can inject new thoughts and ideas. As children grow up and move on, along with their parents, we are especially looking for help from any Beavers and Cubs parents, but parents of Scouts and Explorers are equally as welcome to help us.

 

So if you can help us, please get in touch with any of the Scouting Leaders – they all attend the Committee meetings. It would be great to get some help on board by the time of the AGM. Or if you are a little unsure yet, please come along to our next meeting  to see if this is for you. You are assured of a very warm and appreciative welcome.

 

******************

 

WANTED – Section Assistants and Section Leaders

 

The role of Section Assistant is a formal appointment in The Scout Association. Section Assistants are adult volunteers who assist the Section Leaders and Assistant Section Leaders in delivering the programme to young people in Scouting. They may support one section, or different sections within a Group depending on where their help is needed.

 

A Section Assistant would usually be helping out at least once a month or more.

 

Section Assistants have the choice to become either Full or Associate Members of the Scout Association. A Full Member can wear a uniform if you wish, and will take the Scout Promise. An Associate Member can wear the uniform if they wish, but need not take the Promise.

 

Section Leader or Assistant Section Leader – well why not? Once you start to appreciate the opportunities you are able to give to our young members, you will be able to follow in the footsteps of our Leaders and the other Assistant Section Leaders currently here at 4th Salisbury.

 

As Leader you can arrange a water fight for the evening!

 

******************

 

WANTED – parents to say “Yes, I can”.

 

The above opportunities not for you? How about saying ‘Yes’ when the call goes out for help in other ways and at other times.

 

Fetes & Carol Concerts need helpers – from manning stalls to washing cups. The Scout Post needs sorting and delivering at Christmas. Next time the request goes out, definitely remember to donate a bottle for the Bazaar. Little things like that are appreciated.

 

Or do you have a great hobby you can come and demonstrate with us one evening? Do you give group talks or demonstrations as part of your job that you could do for us. If you are a ceramic artist or an astronaut or a drummer, or anything else that can keep our young members entertained for an evening, please do let us know.

 

Please make a concerted effort to turn up at the following three events:

 

St George's Day Parade

The AGM / BBQ evening

The Group Carol Concert

 

Dates for all are announced well in advance.

 

***********************

 

 

Contact details for all Scout Group members on

 

www.harnhamscouts.org.uk/contact-us or see any Leader / Assistant Leader on club nights.

 

 

Many thanks,

 

4th Salisbury (Harnham) Scouts